[Cocoa-sharp] Cocoa# example code sought, where can I get Nib Wrap???

Edward J. Sabol sabol@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:09:54 -0500

Hey there,

I'm trying to port a System.Windows.Forms application to the Mac, and I'm
still rather new to Cocoa development. As such, I could really use some more
example code to peruse.

Of the examples referenced at
<http://www.lormyr.com/cocoaSharp/default.aspx/CocoaSharp.CocoaSharpExamples>,
only <http://homepage.mac.com/adhamh/example.tgz> is a working link. The
others are all broken.

I'd love to get my hands on Nib Wrap! If anyone has nwsharpapp.zip with
source code, please contact me. Maybe someone could e-mail it to me... I'm
also interested in the code to the Currency Converter application referenced
at the aforementioned Cocoa# Wiki node.

Lacking more extensive sample code someone could give me some clues in the
following areas:

(1) I've noticed that the CocoaSharpBrowser and CocoaSharpFinder applications
    in example.tgz don't respond to Command keys, such as Command-Q and
    Command-W. How would I go about adding that to my application?

(2) The .NET application that I'm porting to the Mac needs to do some stuff
    (non-GUI related) in a background thread. It uses System.Threading (e.g.,
    Thread foo = new Thread(new ThreadStart(MethodName));)... Will that work
    OK with Cocoa#? Or do I need to use NSThread instead? (If so, how?)

Thanks,
Ed