[Cocoa-sharp] Re: Cocoa# problem with UTF-8 strings...

Edward J. Sabol sabol@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 02:59:51 -0500

> I'm not sure that actually is nightly; adhamh can you confirm?

Well, I have SVN now, so I could upgrade to the latest version if you think
that would help.

> Are you even sure NSOutlineView can take UTF8 without some custom-fu?

I have no idea. I would hope it could, assuming the NSStrings are initialized
correctly. I think the Finder use NSOutlineView for "View as List" and file
names are UTF-8, right? But the Finder probably subclasses the heck out of
NSOutlineView, if it uses it at all, so I don't know. Anyway, if there's
another NS control/view you'd like me to test it with that you know handles
UTF-8 strings, I could probably attempt to do so...