[Mono-announce-list] ANNOUNCE: Tomboy 0.15.6 Released (development release)
sanfordarmstrong at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 19:17:04 EDT 2009
This email is to announce Tomboy 0.15.6, the seventh development release
on the road to Tomboy 1.0, which will coincide with GNOME 2.28.
Users and distributors take note: In this release, notes and
configuration data have moved. Previously notes, user-installed
add-ins, temporary files, and various configuration data was all
stored in ~/.tomboy on Linux, %APPDATA%\tomboy on Windows, and
~/.config/tomboy on Mac. This has all changed now. Here is where
Tomboy data will live from now on:
Linux, etc (Free Desktop standards)
Configuration and add-ins: ~/.config/tomboy/
Mac OS X
Notes: ~/Library/Application Support/Tomboy/
Configuration and add-ins: ~/Library/Preferences/Tomboy/
Configuration and add-ins: %APPDATA%\Tomboy\config\
Distributors: The user is not notified of this migration, since the
vast majority of Tomboy users were unaware of the existence of
~/.tomboy in the first place. If for some reason you want your users
to know when this migration happens, there is some commented-out code
in NoteManager.cs that generates a note explaining the whole thing and
shows it to the user on their first run, when the migration occurs.
Otherwise, a simple text file will be created in the old note
directory for those users who pay attention to such things. There is
still time before our stable release to discuss this behavior.
Please report any issues you find in this migration process.
Tomboy is a simple personal note-taking application designed to be
unobtrusive and friendly, while supporting inter-note-links similar to
a WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run
either as a GNOME panel applet or a notification tray icon.
* Road Map:http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/RoadMap
Tomboy is available at:
The past few releases include the following changes:
* Migrate notes from ~/.tomboy, following Free Desktop standards on Linux and
appropriate conventions on Windows and Mac OS X (#518585, #557288).
* Don't force port 22 when no port is specified for SSH sync (#574517).
* Add preference in GConf for maximum width of note menu (#417145, Jeff Tickle).
* New Translations: br, ga
* Translation updates: bg, de, es, et, fi, fr, sv, th, zh_HK, zh_TW
* Option to sync from Tomboy icon's contextual menu (#468459, Buchner Johannes).
* Rename notebooks from the Search window (#435734).
* Clean up wasted space in Search and Preferences windows (#574155 and more).
* Maintain scroll position when notes change while Search window open (#588593).
* Fix Notebook toolbar button appearance with 'text beside icons' setting.
* Translation updates: ca, gl, nb, pt_BR
* Improved behavior when changing font sizes (Stefan Schweizer).
* Builds fixes on Windows and Mac OS X (Matt Johnston, Sandy Armstrong).
* Require gtk+ 2.14 and stop using obsolete libgnome APIs.
* New Help Translations: cs
* Translation updates: ca, et, he, pt_BR, zh_CN, zh_HK
* New underline formatting add-in (disabled by default) from Mark Wakim.
* Add ctrl +/- shortcuts for changing font size (#488822, Stefan Schweizer).
* Fix bullet display in HTML export (#422954, Stefan Schweizer).
* Update WebSync to use OAuth for authentication, and use the latest REST API.
* Fix i18n issue in WebSync (Anders Petersson).
* Add "Get More Add-Ins..." link in the Add-Ins tab of Preferences.
* Reduce command line output when not running Tomboy with --debug.
* Fix tarball for those that need panelapplet-sharp bundled.
* Documentation updates (Paul Culter).
* New Translations: vi
* Translation updates: bn_IN, es, et, he, sv, ta, th, uk, zh_CN
* Fix HTML Export on Mac OS X (#583995).
* Translation updates: es, et, nb, sv, zh_CN
Special thanks to everyone entering bugs, submitting patches,
keeping translations up to date, and helping to make Tomboy
More information about the Mono-announce-list