[Mono-dev] mcs patch to say goodbye to SeekableStreamReader
Miguel de Icaza
miguel at ximian.com
Tue Aug 30 09:31:53 EDT 2005
> Now I blame SeekableStreamReader on bringing UTF8 related bug
> (without proof ;-) so I made a patch to eliminate this class.
> Additionally I made tiny modification for 'MZ' executable check
> (even with a test case bom-mz.cs that differentiates csc and mcs).
> I'm not sure if it really is the culprit, but now we don't have
> tricky stream usage, so now the code should be a bit healthy.
In general adding more tests to the xtoken() routine hurts performance,
that is why we have avoided it. I also believe that the new code is a
bit more difficult to follow: just how many saved variables are we going
Before we can do something about this, I would like two tests to be
time mcs --parse sourcefiles
Where sourcefiles means a lot of source code, measure before and after.
Then we should measure the impact of the allocation of SavedToken with
mono --profile before and after.
More information about the Mono-devel-list