[Mono-devel-list] Re: Fixes to XSLT
andrews at mainsoft.com
Tue Feb 8 03:29:49 EST 2005
Atsushi Eno wrote:
> Yes, but my point is, there seems a bunch of differences between
> your results and mine. I haven't counted as yet, but apparently
> those "non conformant" cases should be less than 500 in my box.
> And actually on running your code without your patch, I didn't see
> any cases that Mono throws an exception. Can you please provide
> the precise example case (test file name) that Mono throws an
> exception while MS does not?
Sure. Just a random example. Write xsl like this:
<e xsl:use-attribute-sets=" simple "/>
It throws a NullReferenceException in Mono, but works good in MS.NET.
This is a snippet from
> I would be also highly appreciated if you post the patch and example
> code to public mailing list (like mono-devel-list) and then other
> people can check which is the correct failure numbers (that's why
> I keep CC-ing to ximian-mono-list).
Yes, I saw that you CC to ximian mono, that's why I did not send it once
> Hmm... I don't think it is the way. In Class1.cs there is:
> XmlDocument catalog = new XmlDocument();
> So at least catalog-out.xml should be placed on the parent directory.
Ooops. Sure. Class1.exe is in MSFT_Conformance_Tests, and the
catalog-out.xml is near catalog.xml. My fault.
> I doubt... because the cause of the error is apparently trivial
> directory name difference which is however hardcoded in Class1.cs.
> Also, that catalog-out.xml shows filenames in MSFT_Conformance_Tests,
> but catalog.xml is only in Xalan_Conformance_Tests.
No, we did not use Xalan conformance tests. We focused on MSFT
conformance tests, may be this is the problem here. Yesterday I spent
all day investigating the enum problem, which we discussed in the list,
so I did not get my hands on your test suite. I got interesting results,
and I'm going to send them to the list. Then I'll deal with your test
suite, to find why it does not catch things I fixed.
> Atsushi Eno
More information about the Mono-devel-list