[Mono-devel-list] Performance regression with XSP/Mono 1.1.8
Gonzalo Paniagua Javier
gonzalo at ximian.com
Sun Jul 3 19:30:26 EDT 2005
On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 16:38 +0200, Luca wrote:
> I was doing some test on mono+XSP with web services. I was using the packages
> from debian/unstable (on the server):
> I noticed that client performance was poor compared to the reference client,
> written in C with gSOAP (about 35 req/s versus 120 req/s).
> I tried upgrading mono on the *client* machine to 188.8.131.52-pre0 (debian):
> performance of the client went up to about 110 req/s.
> So I tried upgrading the server and weird things started to happen :(
> Performance of the C client is now at about 175 req/s, so it seems that mono
> 1.1.8-1 is indeed better than 1.1.5... but C# client is crawling at 22 req/s.
> I tried compiling XSP 1.0.9 (with Mono 184.108.40.206, without debug) but nothing
This is fixed in svn head r46896.
More information about the Mono-devel-list