[Mono-devel-list] Contributing Mainsoft System.Web test suite
rafim at mainsoft.com
Fri Jun 3 05:55:28 EDT 2005
Using NUnit as the harness and the tests as a web application, is indeed one
of the options.
The NUnit (acting as a System.Net client), need to have the following
* GET a web page (use System.NET)
* Extract the elements which participate in the test (we used DIV with ID
starting with a known prefix (for example TESTxxx)). You don't need the
* XHTML in order to transform the HTML into a well formed XML. (we used
* Customized Clean the XML. To remove elements which can fail the test. For
example, ID attributes that are generated by the server, that can be
different on every GET.
* XMLDiff the result with an expected result generated previously using IIS.
We used Microsoft XMLDiffPatch. We can evaluate the XMLUnit project, and/or
create some sort of XMLAssert.
> Why don't we get just a few of those tests
I have attached small GET examples.
We have only small amount of POST tests, and I believe that it is best to
leave them out of this scope for now, since it involves extra
infrastructure. We will cover them using automatic web application testing.
From: mono-devel-list-bounces at lists.ximian.com
[mailto:mono-devel-list-bounces at lists.ximian.com] On Behalf Of Gonzalo
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 12:06 PM
To: mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
Subject: Re: [Mono-devel-list] Contributing Mainsoft System.Web test suite
Not much to say here, but...
* We could have a few helper method/classes and still run
everything inside nunit.
* Use System.Net to retrieve the documents
Why don't we get just a few of those tests (say 1 GET, 1 POST, 1 with
multiple POST...) and develop whatever is needed to do all the steps in
your document for them?
Mono-devel-list mailing list
Mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 30720 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/attachments/20050603/d4bbc868/attachment.tar
More information about the Mono-devel-list