[Mono-devel-list] Patch for System.DirectoryServices
borisk at mainsoft.com
Sun Jun 19 10:20:38 EDT 2005
Attached is a patch for System.DirectoryServices.
The main points of this patch are (the detailed explanation resides in
* Reimplemented properties loading, affects properties caching feature.
* Added ADsPath property, that always represents an actual ADsPath
of the entry, in opposite to Path property that always stays the same
* Implemented rootDse feature:
- An entries pointing to server rootDse entry can be loaded and
queried by user.
- If user does not specifies the path of an entry, the default
naming context is loaded from default LDAP server rootDse entry.
* Implemented default LDAP server feature: user has an ability to
specify the address and the port of the default LDAP server on his
network using app config. If user does not specify this, the default
LDAP server localhost:389 is used. Thus, creating an entry with no path
specified means creating an entry on default server default naming
context (as .NET does).
_System.DirectoryServices\Test\System.DirectoryServices_: since native
.NET LDAP provided works only with URLs beginning with "LDAP://", and,
in opposite to this, RFC2255 states LDAP URL should begin with
"ldap://", we use a case-insensitive compare on entry path.
_System.DirectoryServices_: Added sample app config file that
illustrates the way of specifying default LDAP server information.
If no one objects, I'll commit
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-devel-list