[Mono-devel-list] bug and patch to fix it

Atsushi Eno atsushi at ximian.com
Wed Mar 9 13:49:27 EST 2005

Hi Andrew,

> I opened a bug on bugzilla and provided a patch to fix that bug: 
> http://bugzilla.ximian.com/show_bug.cgi?id=73513

Patch applied. Thanks!

> I'd like to pay your attention, that surrogate symbols processing is 
> made in many places.
> $ grep -r 0xD800  */*.cs|wc -l
>      12
> My patch fixes only a part of them, as I did not find (yet) testcases 
> that cause to pass all possible flows.
> Not only calculations are made in 12 places., in every place different 
> errors in calculations of surrogates are made. It would be better to 
> make a couple of functions that will pair/unpair surrogates and to use 
> those functions in every place. The same applies to PeekChar/ReadChar 
> functions. Same functionality is implemented in a few places, it's hard 
> to maintain.

I agree. I'd welcome such hacks to have a common code base for
XmlTextReader and DTDReader for text tokenization :-)

Atsushi Eno

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list