[Mono-dev] Re: What would you like to see in Mono?
Pablo Iñigo Blasco
pibgeus at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 19:54:02 EDT 2006
A developer group looking for a platform to deploy theirs applications wants:
- Secure platform stable platform and dinamic(i think mono it is
enough, but it has to be proven, we can't do anything only the time
- Modern abstract POO language (Mono supports the most successful languages)
- Tons of Documentation, clear and proffesional (MS has got it,
indirectly Mono has got it)
- Compatible extendible platforms and Cooperable(Web Services) with
- IMHO The best IDE(perhaps it makes the difference between the
current leaders platforms) Nowadays is the most attractive feature for
developing an application.
· IDE (BrainStorm)
- quick and effective Intelli-Sense with quick documentation that
doesn't leave the screen.
- Debugger fully integrated with the IDE, better debugger tools,for
example in VS you can see values of basics types and explore the state
of an object putting the mouse over the reference in the code.(that's
- Be able to develop asp.net with automatic cooperation with either
XSP or ModMono, and a second step would be develop them with visual
- WebService use and deployment facilities.
- Tools or plugins for integration of Nunit, Ajax, ifolder,
monoUML...and Samples how to develop theese plugins.
if mono now supports winforms why dont try use sharpdevelop on linux
(i know that monodevelop is the linux the port of sharpdevelop but
they are not the same) Why do the things twice.
Concentrate the effort in better documentation about those things
exclusive in mono such as:
- Runtime source code
- Mono APIS
- Embedding mono,mkbundle adventages
- Samples developing plugins for the IDE
This is my humble point of view. Bye.
More information about the Mono-devel-list