[Mono-dev] [PATCH] Add support for /codepage to vbnc
kornelpal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 17:46:05 EDT 2006
Thanks for committing the patch.
I think the best test would be to use /codepage:65001 when compiling *.vb
After 1.1.17 is released the entire mcs tree will use UTF-8 (without byte
order mark) that makes the source files locale independent. I think the same
would be preferable for the VB compiler and the VB runtime as well.
You can use the attached Latin1ToUtf8.cs to convert *.vb files to UTF-8
(without BOM). It will list non-ASCII files with encodings to the console
and convert all of them to UTF-8. Subseqent runs should show UTF-8 for all
of them. Embedded BOM and Embedded UTF-8 BOM is not automatically removed
but notice is printed to console. There should be no embedded BOM in the
Note that a lot of your source files are marked as binary that prevents svn
to generate diffs for them.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rolf Bjarne" <rolfbasura at ya.com>
To: "Kornél Pál" <kornelpal at gmail.com>; <mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com>
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add support for /codepage to vbnc
> Hi Kórnel,
> I didn't see any problems with the code so I committed it.
> It would also be nice to have tests for it if possible,
> for every test file you can create a corresponding .response
> file with the /codepage option that will be passed to the compiler.
>> Support for /codepage is supported by MS vbc 8.0, is very useful, and
>> be required by us when we move to UTF-8 (without BOM) after Mono 1.1.17
>> Please review and approve the attached patch.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-devel-list