[Mono-dev] [PATCH] [VBNC] Use UTF-8 for source files
rolfbasura at ya.com
Tue Aug 22 18:31:03 EDT 2006
The patch is OK for me, I tried to apply it, but TortoiseSVN complains
that the patch is out of date, so I wasn't able to do it.
> Currently there are Latin 1, UTF-8 with BOM, UTF-8 without BOM and UTF-32
> with BOM source files. The attached patch converts all of them to UTF-8
> without BOM and sets /codepage:65001 for compiling. I didn't modify files
> automatically generated by the designer (they are UTF-8 with BOM). Using
> single encoding makes code more maintainable and UTF-8 is a reliable
> Note that a lot of test source files are marked as binary so svn diff
> doesn't contain the difference. I didn't modify any character in these
> I only converted the encoding. If you need the actual files please let me
> I also removed svn:mime-type application/octet-stream propery from
> non-binary source files.
> Please review and approve the patch.
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.4/424 - Release Date: 21/08/2006
More information about the Mono-devel-list