[Mono-dev] ANN: NUnit 2.4 Beta 2 Released
charlie at pooleconsulting.com
Sat Oct 21 21:05:52 EDT 2006
After yet another long wait, NUnit 2.4 Beta 2 (2.3.6293)has been released
and may be downloaded at
The major feature of this release is the revised extensibility mechanism,
which is more general and will support additional extension points in
the future. Extensibility is now covered in the docs as well.
Since the new extensibility interfaces have not been seen by
users before, it's possible that they may change in the final
release. I'd especially like to hear from those who plan to write
and possibly publish addins for NUnit.
Other key features in the release include...
* A new Assembly, nunit.core.interfaces, provides clear identification
of those interfaces, enumerations and other types that are intended
to remain stable through the life of the release.
* The Windows installer is now built with WiX.
* The AreEqual and AreNotEqual assert has been extended to work with
multi-dimensioned arrays and collections.
* New GUI menu items have been added as well as an option to turn
on word-wrap in the Errors and Failures display.
* A new dialog in the GUI displays loaded addins.
With a few exceptions, this release is considered feature-complete
for NUnit 2.4. We will focus on removing any bugs and getting
out a release candidate before adding any new features.
More information about the Mono-devel-list