[Mono-dev] Big Arrays, Many Changes --- Request for Advice
marek.safar at seznam.cz
Tue Sep 4 06:51:02 EDT 2007
> I was porting a small test application that was written in C# that
> an array with a large number of elements (> 2^32). While it
> compiled and ran
> in Visual Studio's C# under WindowsXP-64bit without a hitch, when I
> and ran it under mcs/mono (1.2.4) on the same hardware, but booted up
> Fedora7-x86_64, I ran into a few problems.
> Digging into it a bit, I discovered that:
> 1) MCS assumed that the arguments to NEWARR were always U4 or I4,
> which does not seem
> to be the case as far as ECMA-335v4.
> 2) MONO assumes that array lengths and bounds can always be
> represented as guint32's,
> [ like mono_array_new_specific (MonoVTable *vtable, guint32 n) ]
> Would folks object to a series of patches to:
> A) Fix mcs/expression.cs to emit OpCodes.Conv_Ovf_U/I instead of
> for array size arguments,
Any mcs patches with self contained tests are welcome. However,
I think I fix this issue 2-3 weeks ago. Please use SVN version instead.
More information about the Mono-devel-list