[Mono-dev] [PATCH] Implement internal Encodings using unified code base
kornelpal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 09:07:35 EST 2008
Please review the attached patch.
First of all this patch fixes
This patch only contains infrastructural changes that result in the
- GetByteCount, GetBytes, GetCharCount, GetChars have one implementation per
- all internal encodings now use usafe code that results in better
- internal encodings use the fastest possible code path to these
- inherited encodings use MS.NET compatible code paths
- encoding code can be maintained much easier
- argument checks are shared so code can't go out of sync
Note that no actual encoding algorytms are changed so there should be no
Also note that I added an InternalEncoding class that is only used by
Latin1Encoding currenly but I will later figure out some hack to integrate
external (I18N assemblies) encoding classes to this infrastructure and that
will use this InternalEncoding class.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 12153 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/attachments/20080225/74caf6ca/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the Mono-devel-list