[Mono-dev] NUnit migration and test failure status
atsushi at ximian.com
Thu Nov 27 20:40:21 EST 2008
As some of you may have noticed, I have upgraded our local use of nunit
from 2.2.0 to 2.4.8. It involved some changes in our test run, but
should be invisble to most of you.
The build has been broken for a while (am sorry for that; it was a set
of make dist / packaging mess), and now we have a couple of test
failures. So before Marc dives into the hell list of unknown bugs to
him, I wanted to give some survey on them:
- some JIT stuff: test-verifier, test-System_Web-2.0
- mere build failure: test-System_Data-2.0
- some floating point failures: test-corlib-*, test-System_Drawing-*,
- possible NUnit run changes: test-corlib-2.0
- possibly gdiplus: test-System_Drawing-*, test-Windows_Forms-2.0
- some sys.data changes: test-Mono_Data_Sqlite-*,
The only pattern I am concerned is the one with (possible) NUnit run
changes. NUnit 2.4.8 now requires -noshadow to get our tests run fine.
This also happens under .NET (i.e. make run-test-ondotnet) even without
-noshadow, so I am rather afraid that NUnit 2.4.8 unlike 2.2.0 cannot
I'd like to hear inputs on what could be done to fix this issue.
More information about the Mono-devel-list