[Mono-dev] Mono on ARM
mousse_man at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 16:10:16 EDT 2008
Thanks for the quick response. It is interesting what you say since I was actually going through all the changesets since 1.9.1 and I noticed many fixes regarding th earm, softfloat, ...
I will get the latest code and try it out. Thanks.
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:43:49 -0300From: kumpera at gmail.comTo: mousse_man at hotmail.comSubject: Re: [Mono-dev] Mono on ARMCC: mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
A lot of bugs with soft float has been fixed for the 2.0 release and even more work went in the current development branch.Please test with the 2.0 snapshot builds and report your bugs so we can fix then in time for the release.
2008/9/4 FirstName LastName <mousse_man at hotmail.com>
I'm trying to run mono 1.9.1 on the arm (ARM9). I have an issue when I try to cast a long to a double. It simply does nothing.
· I'm using soft float in FPA (actually, the configure script seems to detect it properly -> it defines ARM_FPU_FPA).
· I'm using GNU EABI.
· When I do a mathematical operation on doubles, it works (Test in C#).
· When I print (Console.WriteLine) a double, it works (Test in C#).
· When I cast an int to a double, it works.
· I tried to define ARM_FPU_NONE and it generates an ExecutionEngineException (so, obviously, I dropped it.)
· I tried to define __ARM_EABI__ and it generates an ExecutionEngineException (so, obviously, I dropped it.)
When I cast a long to a double, it doesn't work. Here is what I do:
int i = 1234;
long l = 1234;
float f = 1234.56;
double d = 1234.56;
double result = 64;
result = (double)i;
Console.WriteLine("Result (cast from int): " + result); -> It shows me 1234. This is good.
result = 64;
result = (double)f;
Console.WriteLine("Result (cast from float): " + result); -> It shows me 1234.56. This is also very good.
result = 64;
result = (double)I;
Console.WriteLine("Result (cast from long): " + result); -> It shows me 64 ???? This is not good.
Am I missing something? Any other pointers?
Upgrade to Hotmail Plus and share more photos with bigger attachments. Click here to find out how Click here to find out how_______________________________________________Mono-devel-list mailing listMono-devel-list at lists.ximian.comhttp://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-devel-list