[Mono-dev] gmcs and The Future
lunchtimemama at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 06:02:47 EST 2009
Whatever the format of the forum, I would like it to be easy for
anyone to participate. A wiki fits the bill, but it might be best to
keep this program separate from the primary Mono wiki so that account
permissions don't become conflated. What does someone in charge of the
Mono site/wiki think (Miguel)? Like I mentioned, Google Groups is
another option: it's easy for people to join the fray. It also allows
you to organize information with "pages," but those cannot be edited
collaboratively like a wiki.
In the mean time, interested parties, be thinking about your language
ideas. Some good things to think about and/or write down might
* What other languages have this feature, if any?
* Example code of your language feature.
* The code it would be replacing (i.e. how would I accomplish the same
thing today, if possible).
* Does this break backwards compatibility in any way (i.e. add a new
keyword or such)?
* What are the corner cases?
Be thinking, and hopefully we'll all be able to share our ideas soon.
More information about the Mono-devel-list