[Mono-dev] WCF status Sep. 2009
atsushieno at veritas-vos-liberabit.com
Wed Sep 30 04:26:46 EDT 2009
I'm sort of routinely posting WCF status updates here. This month, the
outcomes are not much so far, though:
- Rework on RESTful binding (System.ServiceModel.Web). JSON-based
Web binding stack is updated to work like .NET 3.5 SP1.
- Lots of HTTP channel listener stabilization work.
- svcutil -moonlight got some fixes to properly use its derived
There is a couple of ongoing work:
- Right now I am in the middle of ASP.NET integration fixes.
- WebScriptServiceHostFactory and ASP.NET AJAX integration support.
involved, but it anyways depends on ASP.NET fixes for above.
After ASP.NET AJAX support is done (I'm not sure if it will really work
soon though), the next task on the stack is WSDL support enhancement.
To get those things working, I also have to fix a couple of issues
in configuration land (I don't really love them, doh).
For WSDL stuff, there are two sides of work:
- WsdlImporter/ServiceContractGenerator improvements. It is
required for Moonlight (and possibly MonoTouch) development in
- WsdlExporter improvements. It is required for hosting WCF
services on xsp2 and get WSDL.
I'll probably work on both at a hand to ease bugfixes themselves.
More information about the Mono-devel-list