[Mono-dev] Mono: Issue running xsp on RHEL5
pkavilkar at melstar.com
Thu Feb 18 07:53:13 EST 2010
Please suggest a link to download ISO image file for Fedora 8.
I have tried a few links but all failed to provide the ISO image file.
From: Purnima [mailto:pkavilkar at melstar.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 9:32 PM
To: 'nagappan at gmail.com'
Cc: 'mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com'
Subject: RE: [Mono-dev] Mono: Issue running xsp on RHEL5
Thanks for your reply.
Steps followed by me:
1. Previously I had installed the xsp from tar file into the same
2. I went into the same folder & executed 'make uninstall' command.
3. Executed: ./configure --prefix /usr/local
4. Executed: make
5. Executed: make install
6. After above execution, I came out of all folders using 'cd' &
executed 'xsp' command, it gave me the same error as mentioned in previous
7. I tried the 'xsp' command by 'cd /usr/local' as well, but no luck.
8. Should I try Fedora 8, as I have read that it comes with mono
pre-installed in it.
Not understanding as to what is going wrong.
Please help out if you have any guidelines.
From: Nagappan Alagappan [mailto:nagappan at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 11:41 AM
To: pkavilkar at melstar.com
Cc: mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
Subject: Re: [Mono-dev] Mono: Issue running xsp on RHEL5
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Purnima <pkavilkar at melstar.com> wrote:
Problem: ASP.NET application not running on mono/xsp not running on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5).
Steps carried out:
1. I have a system with RHEL5.
2. I have installed following the same sequence:
3. All the above tar files were copied to '/root/opt/downloads'
4. All of them were untarred & installed in the same above folder.
5. For testing, I created a Test.cs file & executed using: mcs Test.cs
& mono Test.exe commands, which worked well.
6. But, when I write 'xsp' command, it gives error: 'bash: xsp:
command not found'
XSP is not installed in PATH.
7. What am I doing wrong?
a. xsp not properly not installed
b. mono & other tar files not installed at the path '/usr/local'
c. Apache/mod_mono needs to be used rather than xsp
Please provide necessary help/guidelines.
Mono-devel-list mailing list
Mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-devel-list