[Mono-dev] [Ximian-mono-list] github workflow proposals
Miguel de Icaza
miguel at novell.com
Tue Jul 27 17:41:20 EDT 2010
> Additionally, I think we should implement a policy that all "work
> branches" are made in user forks; and the only people who should be
> making branches in the mainline github are QA for release managment
I want to ask you a favor, can you please add to the document:
The list of steps that an imaginary user would need to do to:
* Create a fork ("click on...")
* Pull his fork
* Create a branch for his fork
* Push the branch to his github
* How the user would "land" his change into the mainline
tree when he is done.
* How can a second user "pull" his changes or add his repo
in addition to ours.
This is probably documented somewhere, but lets get this as part of our
Coding Guidelines document.
More information about the Mono-devel-list