[Mono-dev] String.Compare bug
kumpera at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:56:21 EDT 2011
Please file a bug report so this bug isn't forgotten.
On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Nicklas Overgaard <nicklas at isharp.dk>wrote:
> Hi again,
> The previously attached patch does not apply for some reason. A new one
> is attached here.
> Sorry about that.
> On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 18:05 +0200, Nicklas Overgaard wrote:
> > Hi mono devers!
> > I discovered a bug in String.Compare when using a UTF8 string created
> > from a byte array with a zero-byte at the end. It's converted to the
> > same string on both .net and mono, however, String.Compare on .net is
> > different from String.Compare on mono.
> > The issue is the following:
> > Mono reports "1" on the string compare, signaling that the converted
> > string is "larger" than the hard-coded string I compare it to. And it
> > kinda is - the byte array is converted to "%EOF\0" and the hardcoded
> > string is just "%EOF" - but .net manages to ignore the '\0' when doing
> > the compare, which results in "0" (equal strings).
> > Attached is a patch, which adds a test-case to
> > 'mcs/class/corlib/Test/System' which shows the issue -
> > "CompareNotWorking3" to follow the lingo :)
> > I have tried to track the issue down myself in String.Compare, but I
> > gave up due to the complexity of the underlying code.
> > As a final note, I'm running with UTF8 culture on my Linux box, where
> > the issue is showing up.
> > Best regards,
> > Nicklas Overgaard
> > _______________________________________________
> > Mono-devel-list mailing list
> > Mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
> > http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list
> Mono-devel-list mailing list
> Mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-devel-list