[Mono-dev] Open source CMS running on mono?
vlad.dimitrov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:18:05 UTC 2012
Did someone had any luck with running and using some of the ASP.NET based
open source CMS systems out there? It turns out that many require some parts
of mono or are too platform dependent to work on mono/linux. My findings so
1. Umbraco - my closest match for the needs. Very clean, MIT licensed,
almost any structure can be done with it. Works with MySQL and can scale on
multiple machine in the future (not absolutely needed at the moment). All
the attempts to run it so far looks failing as it requires MVC3 and other
parts that are missing (http://our.umbraco.org/m?mode=topic
2. mojoPortal - it is a little different than a pure CMS (more portal
oriented) and at first glance it will not allow directly putting a page
created by a designer to be placed directly, but rather adapted to the
design style of this system (panel layouts, etc.)
3. kooboo - looks promising. Did not take a very deep look, but it
looks to be storing all the configuration locally in xml files which kind of
sucks if we try to run the site on a cluster at some later point. They state
that mono is supported.
4. Cuyahoga - they say they support mono, but the project looks dead
as the latest news on the site are from February 2011.
5. Sunset - seems professionally built and used by big companies +
supports mono, but non-free.
Does someone have tested any of these or have success/fail stories about
them? I wonder what the Xamarin web site uses and if it is on Linux J
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-devel-list