[Mono-dev] Mono build bug
Konaju Games (Dev)
dev at konaju.com
Tue Apr 1 21:04:20 UTC 2014
It may depend on which version of autotools you have installed. I built
with latest Mono source on Cygwin (fresh git clone) several hours ago just
On 2 Apr 2014 02:49, "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <knocte at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great, can you submit a pull request to fix the bug upstream? Please
> specify the versions of your tools in the commit message, to better
> document about the failure (i.e. version of your distro, version of
> aclocal, version of autoconf, version of automake...). Cheers!
> On 1 April 2014 18:10, Kuba Vaněk <vanek.jakub4 at seznam.cz> wrote:
>> thank you very much. That worked, but I also had to rename libgc/
>> configure.in to libgc/configure.ac
>> Jakub Vanek
>> ---------- Original message ----------
>> From: "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <knocte at gmail.com>
>> For: mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
>> Date: 1. 4. 2014 17:59:19
>> Subject: Re: [Mono-dev] Mono build bug
>> On 01/04/14 17:22, Kuba Vaněk wrote:
>> > Hello everybody,
>> > I cloned mono 897e95954ec2b1bb7bc76572dff6071b3ae4c64b from git.
>> > When I try to build Mono, it prints this (yes, I also tried to delete
>> > original folder and then reclone):
>> > $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
>> > Running libtoolize...
>> > libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
>> > libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
>> > libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
>> > libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
>> > libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
>> > libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
>> > libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
>> > libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
>> > Running aclocal -I m4 -I . ...
>> > aclocal: error: configure.ac is required
>> > **Error**: aclocal failed. This may mean that you have not
>> > installed all of the packages you need, or you may need to
>> > set ACLOCAL_FLAGS to include "-I $prefix/share/aclocal"
>> > for the prefix where you installed the packages whose
>> > macros were not found
>> I think it's because mono is using configure.in instead configure.ac
>> (the former may be finally deprecated). Try to rename the file and see
>> if it works. If it doesn't, you will need the help of some
>> autohell^H^H^H^Htools expert.
>> Mono-devel-list mailing list
>> Mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
> Mono-devel-list mailing list
> Mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-devel-list