[Mono-dev] Mono for Windows test build
directhex at apebox.org
Mon Dec 1 17:44:51 UTC 2014
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Following on from lots of recent discussion, I've got the first test
build of Mono for Windows which I'd describe as "usable".
This is based on the mono-3.12.0-branch branch on github.
Please report success or failure with it, as I'm not a Windows expert.
Especially interested in success/failure from Windows embedders.
I'll get the scripts involved in building this stuff (so you can try
it locally, developery types) added to github.com/mono/release.git by
the end of tomorrow.
== Headlines ==
* Runtime compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, for extra speed
* SGen by default
* Includes Gtk#, F#, IronPython, Boo, IronRuby (as per Mono MDK for Mac)
* .lib files for libmono (Boehm) and libmonosgen (SGen)
* Installs side-by-side with old 3.2.3 installer
== Known Issues ==
* No policy files for Gtk# (but who has Gtk#2.10 apps these days?)
* Works from cmd.exe or Cygwin, but not MSYS
* FSharp does not run from cmd.exe, fails with a timezone error (works
* Xamarin Studio does not run from cmd.exe with "mono
XamarinStudio.exe" (works in Cygwin)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Mono-devel-list