[Mono-dev] Plans for new types/methods in .NET 4.6
Miguel de Icaza
miguel at xamarin.com
Fri Jan 23 20:12:34 UTC 2015
We will not.
You can use 4_5 as the same define that includes new APIs.
Feel free to add away.
- there is only one GAC assembly for all the 4.0 based assemblies, so
there is only one assembly used at runtime
- The only useful purpose of building 4.5 is to get reference
- I do not think it is worth it to produce reference assemblies for
- Because 4.5-only was never quite complete, so our references would
be incomplete anyways
- We just abandoned the idea of building the 4.0 references for
- Not even Microsoft's Shared Source tries to produce the reference
assemblies from a single code base
- PCLs are a better contract than 4.0, 4.5 or other contracts might be.
So in short, since we are a smaller project, and we have enough in our
hands, with viable alternatives.
On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Alexander Köplinger <
alex.koeplinger at outlook.com> wrote:
> Hey, I'm wondering what the current plan for new types and methods (like
> System.Array.Empty) in .NET 4.6 is?
> Will Mono stick to the net_4_5 profile or will a new profile be created?
> -- Alex
> Mono-devel-list mailing list
> Mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-devel-list