[Mono-dev] Configuration.HasFile returning wrong value in Mono
InfoSeeker002 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:58:38 UTC 2016
I am wondering how well tested is the System.Configuration namespace is in
Mono. I am targetting .Net 2.0 and the construct I am using are available as
far back as .Net 2 (or even 1.1)
I was comparing results between CLR and MONO for ConfigurationSection and
the results surprised me.
Configuration.GetSection returns an object of type
. But inspecting this object, particularly its property SectionInformation
at runtime reveals this:
1) DefaultSection.SectionInformation.IsDeclarationRequired throws an
NotImplemented exception in Mono while in CLR it is set to true.
2) In Mono, DefaultSection.SectionInformation.IsDeclared is set to false
while in CLR it is set to true.
3) In Mono, DefaultSection.SectionInformation.Name is null while in CLR it
contains the correct section name.
4) In Mono, OverrideMode, OverrideModeDefault, OverrideModeEffective
properties of SectionInformation are not implemented.
5) In Mono DefaultSection.SectionInformation.RequiredPermission is false
while in CLR it is true.
6) The most alarming ones in Mono
DefaultSection.SectionInformation.Type are null while in CLR they contains
the correct information.
This is a worry and does not seem to instill much faith in porting code to
Mono. Is Xamarin being part of Microsoft going to provide consistency in the
framework across platforms?
View this message in context: http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/Configuration-HasFile-returning-wrong-value-in-Mono-tp4667959p4667963.html
Sent from the Mono - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Mono-devel-list