[Mono-dev] GSOC 2017 Microsoft .NET and Mono integration - Import ThreadPool from CoreRT
luhenry at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 29 18:16:46 UTC 2017
Your proposal looks good to me.
From: Александр Ефремов <aedampir at gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 29 March 2017 at 13:48
To: Ludovic Henry <luhenry at microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: [Mono-dev] GSOC 2017 Microsoft .NET and Mono integration - Import ThreadPool from CoreRT
I reworked the proposal and share the draft on GSoC site.
Thank you and best regards,
2017-03-29 23:31 GMT+07:00 Александр Ефремов <aedampir at gmail.com<mailto:aedampir at gmail.com>>:
Thank you for these clarifications, I'm going to rework time schedule and upload proposal on GSoC site.
2017-03-29 22:55 GMT+07:00 Ludovic Henry <luhenry at microsoft.com<mailto:luhenry at microsoft.com>>:
And to answer your questions (sorry I missed it in the first email):
2. Importing any of the dependencies of EventWaitHandle, Mutex and Semaphore should be done as part of the GSoC, so I think you shouldn't start working on it beforehand.
3. If you are done with importing EventWaitHandle, Mutex and Semaphore, then we would definitely appreciate if you import ManualResetEvent and AutoResetEvent, but I don't think we should set it as part of the goal.
On 29 Mar 2017, at 11:52, Ludovic Henry via Mono-devel-list <mono-devel-list at lists.dot.net<mailto:mono-devel-list at lists.dot.net>> wrote:
I left a comment on your proposal, and please submit a proposal on the GSoC website too at https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/
Thank you very much!
On 29 Mar 2017, at 09:39, Александр Ефремов <aedampir at gmail.com<mailto:aedampir at gmail.com>> wrote:
I'm Alexander Efremov, I wrote to you an email about importing of ThreadPool from CoreRT.
I decided to choose importing synchronization primitives () but I have some questions about this task.
1. I created proposal and share it on Google Docs: Proposal<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-TON6jKTV_RSOK-6mE3oDq2__w1aNfggbP4uajVw2Tc/edit?usp=sharing>. It is a draft of course and I have some difficulties with time schedule. Now it is quite scratchy time schedule. I will be appriciated if you add some comments and suggestions for it and help to make it in more fine grained.
2. Question about WaitHandle class: in order to import these three primitives (EventWaitHandle, Mutex, Semaphore) we have to import WaitHandle class firstly. It is quite huge class and I prefer to start import this in community bounding period. Can I do so? It is like some preliminary work that require as much time as possible.
3. There are two inheritors of EventWaitHandle - ManualResetEvent and AutoResetEvent. Should we import them too as part of GSoC?
For any trouble with google doc sharing, I attached offline version of my proposal.
Mono-devel-list mailing list
Mono-devel-list at lists.dot.net<mailto:Mono-devel-list at lists.dot.net>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-devel-list