[Mono-list] CVS build instructions
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:23:36 -0400
As a Mono newbie I found it quite difficult to build from CVS.
It isn't really documented what you need.
Here is what finally succeeded (RH 9).
- glib update (don't remember which version)
- install all mono 0.28 RPMs
- install all Cairo and ICU related packages from red carpet
(maybe not all needed, but didn't want to go through too many re-tries)
- cd to ../mcs and build mcs first (contrary to instructions,
as I would get corlib.dll out of sync with ../mono/make fullbuild
even after copying all current monocharge files over the ones from the RPMs)
- cd to ../gtk-sharp and do the same (don't know if necessary)
- cd to ../mono and run the recommended
Did I do anything fundamentally wrong?