[MonoDevelop] Doc comments
john.luke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:56:29 EST 2006
Jacob Ilsø Christensen wrote:
> Well, actually I am not sure what I am looking for. I am trying to fix
> the issue explained in the start of this thread: That doc comments are
> not shown when using code completion for the code in the current
> project. It only works for "system" assemblies.
> Jacob Ilsø Christensen wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I have looked a bit at fixing this issue, but it seems that the C#
> > parser does not support doc comments at the moment. Is this true or
> > am I missing something. I looked in the cs.ATG file.
I don't think it does right now, although it has been a while since I
looked at it.
It may have been added after the version of SharpDevelop we started with.
> On another
> > note, how do we switch to supporting .NET 2.0.
There are several options:
1. someone adds support to the existing parser
- missing 2.0 support, doc comments, probably other things
2. someone imports the SharpDevelop 2.0 parser
- uses generics, needs other changes (Dom, etc.), has tests?
3. somehow reuse the gmcs parser
- significantly different, not really meant to be used in an IDE
None of which is a small task, and each have their own advantages and
If it was up to me, I would choose option 2. But this depends very much
on what the 1.0 plan is,
and when generics will be acceptable, which I haven't been following.
> Can this parser be
> > autogenerated from some mono code?
I dont think so.
More information about the Monodevelop-list