[MonoTouch] A few questions regarding the Beta

Matt Emson memson.lists at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:01:15 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Having tweeted Geoff with this question earlier, (he request I post to
the list), I have a few questions about the Beta.

1) Is there any info on the licensing for the Beta? (which probably
leads to question 2...)
2) What are we allowed to do with the exes we build? (i.e. commercial
deployment? App store submission/sales?)
3) Are the tools time limited? (as in, will they expire and cease to
function at some point or are exes in any way time limited?)

All of these stem from an assumption that I should not be writing
releasable code with the current tools because at some point something
will expire or I will be breaking a term in a licensing agreement
somewhere. However, being extremely excited about the tools, I want to
write serious code and complete a couple of small projects I have been
holding off on. If the Beta is restricted in use, it would be good to
know ahead of time, especially prior to any official licensing and
pricing announcement for the finished product.

I hope not to start a big debate, but am looking for comment from
Miguel, Geoff or someone at Novell who can give more info/insight.

Thanks,