[MonoTouch] Two questions

Christophe Leske info at multimedial.de
Mon Aug 17 06:54:57 EDT 2009

Hi there,

I just downloaded the files needed and started doing the HelloIPhone
tutorial, yet there are a couple of issues. I am sure however that
these have already been reported somewhere by someone, so I would be
very grateful to get a hint where to find the info needed.

I am on a Mac Book Pro, 2.4 Ghz, 4 GB running Leopard.

- where in MonoDevelop can I find the date and version of the app? I
downloaded MonoDevelop 2.2 Alpha for OSX (http://go-mono.com/archive/MonoDevelop-MonoTouch-Preview-20090806-2.dmg
)

Is this the latest one available? If not, where can I find the latest
version?
This version also shows strange characters when I try to write code
using a german keyboard (rectangular boxes which won t disappear even
when bachspacing or deleting - they do not impact the code however).

- the helloIPhone project shows that after creating the HelloIPhone
Window in Interface Builder, there should be three IDs: one for the
label, one for the button and one for the window.

I only got 2 IDs, the window one is not connected to the Window
(button and label are ok)

Also, the next section in the tutorial states that the code behind
file related to the NIB just edited should always reflect changes made
in the Interface builder, yet mine does not show that the label and
button elements have been added - they are missing the code block like
the one for the window (the mutator set).

- I added 2 more code blocks manually in that file for the label and
the button

Adding the delegate code in Main.cs in order to make the button
respond, makes the code compile alright in MonoDevelop, yet when I try
to run the project in the Simulator, a tap on the icon does not launch
the app. It starts and then dies right away without showing me the
created GUI.

All in all, i feel like the "Hello IPhone" tutorial should be worked
over. I can help out on that, if there is any need.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight I might be missing,

Christophe Leske
www.multimedial.de