[MonoTouch] View Transparency

Marten Ataalla martenataalla at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 23:53:58 EST 2010

Hi All,

I am a newbie to monotouch development.

1) I want to achieve an effect where a video (or animation) plays in the
background while the user uses the application i.e. clicks buttons, views
slide in, etc. Is that possibe? when I set the background of the window and
then set the view to transparent, then it inturn makes all it's subviews
(buttons, etc) transparent too.

2) The simple game I am developing can be boiled down to 3 or 4 views. It is
a little graphical, but not enought to use grapics libraries, still using
standard controls with background images, etc. Would it be the best approach
to have the main window handle all the views sliding in/out? Should I have
an instance variable of of each of the views in the Main so that it can do
the swapping when called to?

I am sure there is an easy way to accomplish the above, any help would be
appreciated.
Regards,
Marten Ataalla