[Moonlight-list] Where is the sln file of Moonlight 2.0

Rolf Bjarne Kvinge rolflists at ya.com
Mon Dec 21 04:51:45 EST 2009

Hi,

>>There is no Visual Studio solution [1], but there is a MonoDevelop
solution (moon.mds in moon's root directory)

> I can't find that file in moonlight-2.0.tar.bz2. I can't even find the
folder called moon in that bz2 file.

moon would be the toplevel folder in that case. In any case that file is
probably not in the tarball (since it's not required to build moonlight),
you might want to check out the sources from svn
(http://mono-project.com/Moonlight#Working_from_SVN).

>>Note that Moonlight most likely won't build on Windows.
>
> Oh.. Then, I will have to link the file manually. Are you guys going to
add sln file in future? Are you going to accept sln file if community
contribute it for Moonlight? I'm sure that both Silverlight community and
Moonlight are really interested to read the source code of moonlight to
understand more details about how SIlverlight works.

We'll gladly accept community patches/fixes.

Rolf

Thanks.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Rolf Bjarne Kvinge <rolflists at ya.com>
wrote:
Hi,

> Hello,
>
> Is there any solution file for Moonlight 2.0? Or Do I have to go and check
each and every projects manually?
There is no Visual Studio solution [1], but there is a MonoDevelop solution
(moon.mds in moon's root directory). This is not the way moonlight is built
though, we use makefiles. Note that Moonlight most likely won't build on
Windows.

Rolf

[1] There is one in moon/build/vs2008, but it only contains a project for
libmoon (the code in moon/src), not everything.

Regards,
Michael
08:35:00

--