[Moonlight-list] Moonlight+Silverlight portability: how realistic?

Tom Haapanen tomh at motorsport.com
Mon Dec 21 14:19:33 EST 2009

Rolf,

Thanks very much for your insights ... just a few more questions:

> Moonlight will be 99.9% compatible with Silverlight (there is a very small
> list of things that might behave differently, such as using
PlatformKeyCode
> [1], assembly obfuscation, or the newly announced com support in
Silverlight
> 4.).

Thanks, this is indeed very good.

> You can use some Silverlight 3 features in
> your application too  (here is some more information:
> http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2009/Dec-17.html), and it'll probably
work.

The main things I'm interested in from Silverlight 3 are controls like
Datagrid and Toolview, plus the hyperlinked navigation.  Does support for
these require specific Moonlight development?  And would third-party tools
from companies such as Telerik or Syncfusion "just work?"

But as long as your Moonlight 3 roadmap dates hold, targeting v3 looks like
the way to go for us, as the richer controls will be a significant benefit
for us.

Thanks again for the insight ...

Tom