[Moonlight-list] Moonlight and Telerik's Rad Control

Straw, David (Storage) david.straw at hp.com
Wed Sep 22 18:43:31 EDT 2010

Cristiano,

I looked into it a bit, but they are only supporting a Silverlight 4 base going forward.  I asked their sales team about Moonlight compatibility and other SL3-related questions, and here's what I got back:

" 1.	No,  Telerik is not engaged with Moonlight.  Their operation is still trying to accomplish Silverlight 3 support, and we have moved our entire suite to Silverlight 4 already.
2.	There are no Silverlight 3 demos available online, as this is an older version.
3.	The main differences between Silverlight 3 and Silverlight 4 is that we are not advancing the Silverlight 3 controls past what they are now.  We will only be offering bug fixes for this, and will dropping support for Silverlight 3 in Q3 2010."

My initial tests with even the version 3 controls were not very successful, though it's quite possible that they would work better now with a later build of Moonlight.

David