[Gtk-sharp-list] gtk-sharp-0.2, "6 Days in Vegas" released
23 Jun 2002 16:46:44 -0500
Announcing release 0.2 of Gtk#, codenamed "6 days in Vegas!"
Binaries and source tarballs are available for download at your
Gtk# is C# language binding for the Gtk+ Graphical User Interface
toolkit. Well, that's understating it a bit. It's really a set of
classes in IL assemblies which can be accessed by any .Net compatible
language. To this date, Gtk# has been seen in the wild under the
control of C# and LOGO code. People are now starting to do significant
things with Gtk#, but it is still largely unproven and not recommended
for production work.
Changes since 0.1:
- Linux Hosting : Gtk# now builds and runs on linux, in addition to
building on win32. Thanks to Joe Shaw for numerous Gtk# linux build
fixes, in addition to taking the reigns on mono/mcs bug reporting, and
thanks to the mono team for fixing the bugs.
- GValue binding and property support via the new glue lib: MK
- Build System enhancements: Joe Shaw, Rachel Hestilow, Michael Meeks,
- Customization support: MK, Rachel
- New Menu Sample app: MK
- Refactoring of the code generator: MK, Rachel
- Type alias support: MK
- GTimeout support: MK
- Metadata post processor for the XML parser: Rachel
- (Text|Tree)Iter support: Rachel
- "out" parameter generation: Rachel
- GdkPixbuf library support: Rachel, MK
- Methods with GErrors throw exceptions: Rachel
- Enhanced Method/Signal collision mapping: Rachel
- C# property accessors for Get|Set methods: Rachel
- Interface support: Rachel
Discussion of Gtk# occurs at email@example.com. Questions and
bug reports should be directed there.