[Gtk-sharp-list] Problems with Gtk# 0.10 installer for Windows
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:32:30 +1000
Just some feedback about the 0.10 Win32 installer.
1. Even if Mono is installed, don't install the assemblies to Mono, as =
it becomes (almost) impossible to use GTK# with .NET as System.* =
assemblies get picked up with GTK# ones.
2. libglade is installed in the wrong directory, and is wrongly named =
(should be libglade-2.0-0.dll)
3. GTK# should not include GTK runtime. Nor should it include a =
4. GTK# should install into an existing GTK Runtime. This makes the =
most sense, and allows for all the Mono/.NET stuff to be removed from =
the installer. Changing the theme should ask the user beforehand. =
Doing this also fixes all the path munging.
5. If Mono is not installed, the default install dir is blank.
I have some patches which address all of these, and have a GTK# 0.10 =
installer for Win32 which has a working libglade, and works beautifully =
with .NET (I am not using mono) (Installer is available at =
I am most interested in using GTK# with Glade and .NET, so I may be =
different than most users.
Hope this helps.