[Gtk-sharp-list] Announcing Gtk# 2.3.90 - Beta 1
mkestner at novell.com
Mon Aug 15 18:25:08 EDT 2005
Announcing the release of version 2.3.90 Gtk#. This release is a Beta
release and comes with the same API stability guarantee as 1.0.x. The
release is parallel-installable with the latest stable 1.0.x release.
We strongly encourage you to begin porting your applications.
Notes on upgrading from 1.0.x can be found at:
Tarballs and binaries (compliments of Wade Berrier) are available for
Gtk# is a .Net language binding for the Gtk+ Graphical User Interface
toolkit and several GNOME platform libraries. Release 2.3.90 targets the
Gtk+ 2.4 libraries and several GNOME 2.6 libraries.
Note: we are also simultaneously doing a source-only release of version
2.5.90, a beta binding for the Gtk+ 2.6 API. There are no current plans
to package this release in binary form. We recommend using the 2.4 API
via 2.3.90 unless you have a compelling reason to take on the Gtk+ 2.6
dependency, as it is not widely available on enterprise distributions.
The source tarball will be available from the Gtk# homepage shortly.
Changes since last release:
* Filename encoded strings: (MK)
* Update assembly versions to track the bound Gtk+ version. (MK)
* Enhanced list to array element mapping in generator. (MK)
* Memory management for Opaque types: (Dan Winship)
* Anonymous callback parameter generation: (DanW)
* GLib.Value and Opaque test applications: (DanW)
* Updated parse to the Gnome 2.6 API versions. (MK)
* Spinoff Gda#/GnomeDB# into the native libraries themselves. (DanW)
* Better identification of Opaque struct types in the parser. (DanW)
* Additional API customizations and Corrections: (Todd Berman, DanW, MK)
* Bugfixes (Jordi Mas i Hernandez, John Luke, Lluis Sanchez, DanW, MK)
Discussion of Gtk# occurs on the mailing list at
gtk-sharp-list at lists.ximian.com. Bugs can be reported to
http://bugzilla.ximian.com, module gtk#. Check the Gtk# homepage for
additional info at http://gtk-sharp.sf.net.
Mike Kestner <mkestner at novell.com>
More information about the Gtk-sharp-list