[Mono-list] Re: Data Grid broken again in latest upgrade to
Gonzalo Paniagua Javier
gonzalo at ximian.com
Sat Oct 22 17:21:25 EDT 2005
On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 12:10 -0500, Carl Olsen wrote:
> I upgraded from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 yesterday. When I upgraded from 1.1.8 to
> 220.127.116.11, the datagrid control was badly broken, so I kept filing bug reports
> until all of the stuff was working again. Now, upgrading from 18.104.22.168 to
> 22.214.171.124 has caused it to break again (selected index returns -1 for every
> datarow). I consider an upgrade from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 to be a minor
> version upgrade. You are referring to an upgrade from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 which
> would be a major version upgrade. I still don't understand why it has to
> break on a minor version upgrade.
> I'm trying to develop a web site that needs to be working by January. I
> started working on it at least two months ago, but every time I find some
> time to work on it, something is broken again and I spend all my time filing
> bug reports instead of working on the site.
> I guess the lesson here is that I should have stuck with 1.1.7 which shipped
> with SUSE 9.3.
The lesson is 'we need you to make mono better' ;-).
The bug you reported was already fixed in svn head.
We know that 1.1.9 had a lot of problems in system.web, as there was a
major rewrite of several thousand lines. Since 1.1.9, I've been fixing
all the reported regressions as fast as I could. If you use
System.Web.dll from head
(http://primates.ximian.com/~gonzalo/System.Web.dll.gz) you'll see that
we're pretty much back to where we were in 1.1.8.x, i.e., no known
showstoppers. If you and others didn't report all the bugs you found, we
wouldn't be here.
I hope that the trouble we caused with the rewrite is compensated with
the improved performance and memory usage we got. I still have to blog
some numbers about this, but it's a big win.
More information about the Mono-list