[Mono-list] VistaDB ... will Data Builder Utility run in Mono 1.2 ?
ac at vistadb.net
Mon Jan 22 19:37:58 EST 2007
Please go easy on us ... this is our first time in the Linux world :)
- we assume users will develop on Windows and deploy apps to Mono.
- VistaDB Data Builder and Data Migration Wizard (the tools) are
developed using C# for .NET 2.0. That means, you will need
.NET 2.0 installed on your system to use our tools.
Other points to understand:
- VistaDB 3.0 is developed in C#. The engine uses .NET 1.1 features.
- the engine includes a built-in T-SQL query processor, ADO.NET Provider
and Direct Data Access objects (i.e. live cursors using objects)
- the Mono support is handled via VistaDB.NET11.DLL -- the same assembly
for .NET 1.1 runs unchanged on Mono 1.x
Data Builder is a WinForms application. Work would need to be done to
get this working natively on Mono.
From: mono-list-bounces at lists.ximian.com
[mailto:mono-list-bounces at lists.ximian.com] On Behalf Of ted leslie
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 5:52 AM
To: mono-list at lists.ximian.com
Subject: [Mono-list] VistaDB ... will Data Builder Utility run in Mono 1.2 ?
The VistaDB (as mentioned on mono site and in mono blog) will support
Mono 1.2 as of this weekend.
Does anyone know if the
VistaDB 3.0 Data Builder Utility (Full C# source code included)
works in Mono 1.2 ?
Mono-list maillist - Mono-list at lists.ximian.com
More information about the Mono-list